Monday, 16 June 2014

Thorpe Park: Fun with the Angry Birds in 4D

 ANGRY BIRDS AT THORPE PARK


My Life My Son My Way, Kyd, Angry Birds Land, Thorpe Park, Theme Park, At the end of May we attended a fabulous premiere screening of the new Angry Birds 4D in the new Angry Birds Land at Thorpe Park. We were surrounded by the special VIP guests that included Jonathan Ross, Sara Cox, Stacey Solomon and my new girl crush, Amy Willerton.
 
Thorpe Park, Theme Park, Angry Birds, Angry Birds Land, Selfie, Sara Cox, My Life My Son My Way, We got insanely wet that day, like drowned rats, but that lovely Amy Willerton, who happened to have been following us around all day, still looked amazing. It was like she was an alien with special weather/ride proof hair! I was not happy that I looked like a drowned rat and she still looked like a cute hamster. Anyway turns out the fact that I was wearing that bonkers Angry Birds hat made her admire me from a far... that's not exaggerated, she told me as much herself, I have witnesses.
Thorpe Park, Theme Park, Angry Birds, Angry Birds Land, My Life My Son My Way, Selfie, Amy Willerton,  
Anyway at 6pm they closed the park off to us special people and we got to mingle and ride the rides with no queues. I mean who wouldn't want to ride the rides constantly without even getting off when it was torrential rain. Every ride was a water ride that night. We looked amazing by the end of it *sarcastic look*. Turns out not even alien weather proof hair can cope with that and so poor Amy looked like me by the end of it... Jungle life is nothing compared to rain on a rollercoaster. We gave her a hat in the end because she was lovely and I wanted to fix her hair. I know, I know, I have a new girl hair crush so it was my duty... that is not weird at all... is it?!
 
 

Angry Birds Land

 
The official premiere screening event - hosted by DJ and Angry Birds enthusiast Sara Cox - was attended by a flock of special feathered fans as high-tech special effects and rumbling chairs catapulted the audience through a fast-paced adventure featuring the Angry Birds attempts to get their precious eggs back from the dastardly King Pig. 
 
Kyd has been to several 4D experiences recently, most being in Orlando, Florida, and so he knew what to expect but he wasn't expecting what he got.
 
Thorpe Park, Theme Park, Angry Birds, Angry Birds Land, My Life My Son My Way, Selfie, Stacey Solomon, When you arrive into the 4D studio you expect your usual 4D cinema experience, maybe a few rumbles of the chair and a bit of wind in your face. Angry Birds 4D is WAY more than that. Angry Birds 4D is an actual ride, you're thrown about in your seat like you're really being put onto that slingshot and flying through the air with the wind in your face whilst coming down to earth with a bump. It was brilliant. They did spray us with water a few times which we weren't expecting and all I can say is I am glad the 4D glasses protected my make up.
 
Not only do you get a whole new 4D experience you get the classic Bumper Cars and a whole new look to the Detonator too.... which is the only ride I actually panic about when I get on it, belly in mouth ride Kyd calls it.
 
 

Thorpe Park Is For ALL The Family

 
When you think of theme parks like Thorpe Park you think of huge rollercoasters and height restrictions. The truth is Thorpe Park really IS for all the family. With rides for the little ones in your life too you really can have a fun day out with all the family.
Thorpe Park, Map, My Life My Son My Way, 
Younger theme park fans can grab their adrenaline apprenticeship as they ride on a wave of light and sound on X, before enjoying rides like the gravity defying Zodiac and magic carpet ride of Quantum. There are also five water rides to excite the whole family including Tidal Wave, Storm Surge and Logger’s Leap. (Younger thrill seekers at least 1m tall and older 1.4m tall)
 
Thorpe Shark, Thorpe Park Hotel, Hotel, Shark, Theme Park, My Life My Son My Way,

The Thorpe Shark Hotel

 
Guests can now stay at the newly formed Shark Hotel, so when you've tired yourself out screaming you can kick your feet up and rest in your own on site room. There's entertainment during the evening in Bar 360 too, it is the perfect way to enjoy the park to it's entirety with some perks along the way.
 
Staying in Park, THORPE SHARK Hotel also has exclusive benefits enjoy a hot buffet breakfast at Bar 360 before heading into THORPE PARK Resort for your FREE 2nd day. You'll also get exclusive First To Ride time so you can enjoy some of your favourite rides before other guests.
 
We've yet to stay at the hotel but watch this space, we will tell you all about it as soon as we can but until then here is a write up by a few of the other Thorpe Park 2014 Ambassadors -

Family Four Fun - Angry Birds Launch in 4D
 

Prices and Tickets

 
On the door day ticket: £48pp
 
(over 40% saving when you book 2 days in advance)
 
Group Purchase: For year-round group savings and benefits, including free group leader tickets, go to Merlin Groups (merlingroups.com). Group sizes start at just 10 people and bookings can be made online or by calling 0871 663 1673 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
 
Annual Ticket: From just £58
 
Shark Hotel: From £39.99 per night
 
Merlin Pass: From just £119
 
Angry Birds, Angry Birds Hat, My Life My Son My Way, Alice, Thorpe Park, Angry Birds Land, Tongue Out,
 
Next stop.... Summer Nights at Thorpe Park... 
Enjoy your ride, don't scream too loudly!
Let me know what you think about your time at Angry Birds Land below, I'd love to hear about it.
 
Alice, Sign off, My Life My Son My Way,
 This post was written as part of my Thorpe Park Ambassadorship. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not paid for this post but I was given a Merlin Annual Pass for my time as an ambassador.

<a href="https://www.thorpepark.com/" title="Visit THORPE PARK Resort website">Visit THORPE PARK Resort website</a>
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun day, look forward to seeing you at summer nights! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx