Thursday, 19 June 2014

Bingo videos capture my favourite parenting motto: Rise and shine!

All parents have mottos and phrases which they use to maintain control over their household. More often than not you hear yourself repeating the same things your parents said to you when you were younger … “if a job’s worth doing then it’s worth doing properly” … “cheaters never prosper” … “night night, don’t let the bed bugs bite” … and, my personal favourite … “rise and shine!!”

The perfect way (in my opinion) to start the day, this was a phrase which I love to hear – even if I did groan a little with dismay back in my youth.

Not everyone seems to have adopted my old knee-jerk reaction though, with the star of this clip exceptionally happy to “rise and shine”.


The video itself is actually really interesting too. It’s only a few seconds long but it is part of a much wider selection of clips which are mapping the bingo lingo for everyday people like you and me. I never realised that each number had its own unique bingo call and thanks to these videos – which are available on YouTube – I’ll soon be able to shout the calls with the best of them!

Although the whole thing has been organised by Costa Bingo, the videos are actually created and filmed by people like you and me. Perhaps that’s why little memories of our childhood – like rise and shine – seem to come flooding back.

For me, number 29 (the clip featured in this post) will probably remain one of my favourites but I’ll be keen to see what else everyone has come up with. Although you can view a number of the clips already, the rest will be published over the next 5 weeks so it’s important you stay tuned and keep an eye on the latest offerings from our bingo buddies!
This post is in collaboration with Costa Bingo
Click here for more information on my disclosure policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment xx