Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Brilliance in Blogging Awards - Inspire? Shortlisted? ME? Really?

Say what?, Alice in Wonderland, My Life, My Son, My Way, BiBs, Brilliance in Blogging, Britmums, BritmumsLive, Inspire, 2014, Awards, blogging, voting, shortlisted,
 
I tried my best to capture the look on my face when I read that I was shortlisted for the Inspire category in the BiBs... I don't think you can draw the 'You f-ing what??' look if I'm honest.
 

I've been SHORTLISTED for the

BiB's INSPIRE category.

 
I am still shocked at the fact that my name was on a list with so many amazing people and blogs all of whom are very worthy of being there.... then there's little (tall) old me.
 
I didn't put out a 'Nominate Me' post beforehand.
 
I didn't tweet that I wanted to be nominated.
 
I didn't facebook it either.
 
I did nominate several of my fellow bloggers however and I did discuss it a few times with others because I wanted to make sure people I believed deserved to be in there, were in there.
 
I didn't do any of the pre nominations stuff because I didn't think I was deserving of a nomination above so many who I admit to being inspired by daily...
 
I didn't think I was fit for such an amazing category.
 
So for whoever nominated me...
 
THANK YOU
 
I am still shocked.
 
I struggled last month to even open my laptop because I was under a dark cloud, the past few weeks have seen me go from a dark cloud and heavy rain, to heat waves and light showers. I couldn't have gotten there without some of the bloggers also in these category's.
 
I couldn't have gotten there without YOU.
 
I don't have a niche as such. I flit from Special Needs to Lifestyle, Mental Health to Reviews, with the odd bit of Food and Fashion thrown in for good measure.
 
I really didn't think I had a category, but it seems I do.
 
So please raise a glass to myself and all the other amazing blogs shortlisted across the categories.
 

VOTING...

 
 AND if you have a spare few minutes and you enjoy reading my posts please take time out and place a vote for myself in the INSPIRE category and all the amazing other folk you love to read in the BiBs, I'm sure you'll recognise a few names on there to vote for.
 
6 blogs from each category will make it through to the final.
Voting Ends 23rd May
 
Click the badge to get to the voting form...
 
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BiBs2014Shortlist
 
Thank You again for the nomination and in advance for the vote.
 
FINGERS CROSSED. 
 
I really do appreciate it.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Firstly congratulations Alice, secondly you are utterly deserving of this. Your blog is beautifully written and I love its ecclectic mix that makes it feel like having a chat over coffee with you.
    H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and you so do deserve this. And I am just loving your illustrations too. Best of luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beetlebirdhare12 May 2014 at 12:22

    Hi, I've just found your blog (whilst voting for some others) off to vote for you too now, lovely, 'inspirational' blog : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx