Thursday, 28 November 2013

How to make edible Dinosaur Eggs

This is not really a foody type of blog and I am no Nigella but I put a photo up of the homemade Dino Eggs we had for tea tonight and people seemed to love them. I have done them before for Kyd but this is Rocky's first Dino Egg and he LOVED it. 
When I got asked how to make them my response 'Magic... of course' didn't seem to cut it with the crowds SO here you go, here is the real truth.... 

How to make edible Dino Eggs 
By My Life, My Son, My Way

What you need:

Eggs
Food Colouring
Water
Disposable Plastic cup or a Glass Jar

How to make:

Boil the eggs in the usual way and leave to cool.
Crack the eggs slightly but leaving the shell on 
(the more you crack it, the more colour there will be on the egg at the end).
Place in the disposable cup.
Fill the disposable cup/Glass Jar with water to cover the egg and add some food colouring and swish round so the water is fully coloured 
(the darker the colour the more effective so don't be shy with it).
Leave over night for full effect 
(or do them early in the morning, they should be ready for tea time).

Ta Daaaaaa....

TIP: These make great Party treats and Picnic alternatives for picky kiddy's
OHHHHH and they also make great Green Eggs and Ham tea time treats for all you Dr Seuss fans out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment xx