Wednesday, 9 October 2013

What Buggy Should We Take On Holiday?

 
I have come to the conclusion that going on holiday with a toddler can be a right old polava. I'd not really thought about it until I read a post asking for some advice from other bloggers about the whole thing and was overwhelmed by the things I'd not thought of.

One main point I picked up on... BUGGIES...

'You could really do with a light weight, small folding buggy, for ease. Make sure it is comfy though if baby still naps and easy to fold and unfold so anyone can do it. ALSO don't forget to check with the airline about their policies on buggies, some may charge and some may add the weight in as part of your luggage allowance or make you pay a premium' I read....

I started to panic

This is madness. I'd not thought about the buggy weight. Kyd takes his disability buggy but that is classed as a wheelchair and so I've never had to think about it. Arrrggghhhhhh

OK so I went and looked it up. Here is what Virgin Atlantic (who we are flying with) say about buggies...

Pushchairs and car seats

When travelling with children or infants, you’re welcome to bring one fully collapsible pushchair and a car seat, in addition to your free checked baggage allowance. Note that these will fly in the aircraft’s hold, rather than the cabin. 


See that isn't as worrying as I thought.... *phew*

However...
Although our Joolz is amazing... it isn't small or light weight... it does fully collapse but is heavy and quite big compared to a stroller...

I asked the bloggers who had given me a hint about buggies and flights and they came up with a whole load of amazing, small but comfy, pushchairs I could look at. Donna at Little Lily Pad co had a competition on her blog to win a BabyZen YoYo so I entered... I didn't win dammit! BUT reading the post and the anticipation of waiting to hear if I'd won made me want one.

When I googled BabyZen YoYo I found this video. It shows just how quick and easy the buggy folds, take a look...



I have seen these at the baby show before so I knew a few bits about them and I've had a play. I wasn't too shocked when I read how brilliant they were for holidays.

Here are the BabyZen YoYo Key Features:

  • Most compact buggy ever (52 x 44 x 18 cm when folded) and first buggy in the world to fully comply with size recommendation for cabin baggage. 
 
  •  Featherweight (only 5.8 kg); comes with a shoulder strap

  • 4-wheel suspension 
  •  Exclusive "soft-drive" system: no need to lock the front swivel wheel, even on rough terrain.
 
  •  Folding, unfolding and driving, all one-handed

  • Reclinable backrest, removable and washable fabrics


  • Suitable from 6 months up to 15k
  •  5 colours
  • Price: £309 (to find out where to buy a YoYo press HERE)
  •  Find out more here at www.babyzen.com

I got a little buggy envy after watching that video and wanted to play with one of these bad boys properly. So (some might know that being a blogger has it's perks) I contacted the PR for BabyZen and asked if I could test it out in Florida... they said YES Wuhooooo.... It will only be a loan but I intend to write a full write up on it and give it a full work out around the parks of Orlando. I'm hoping it isn't Pink though as I'm pretty sure Rocky won't be too pleased with that... or should I say Daddy wouldn't be... I however, would love it, I have always wanted a girl hahahaha (sorry to the 18yr old Rocky reading this).

I am so Looking forward to testing this out in Florida in a few weeks time...

Stay Tuned for more updates






I was not paid by BabyZen for writing this post but I did receive one of their products to use on loan in return for my honest review of their product.
 All the content from this post is written in my own words (apart from the quote from Virgin Atlantic and their website) Click here for more information on my disclosure policy

1 comment:

  1. I just could not leave your website before suggesting tyat I really loved the usual information a person provide on your visitors?
    Is gooing to be again incessantly in order tto check out new posts

    Also visit my web page - club penguin unlock items

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx