Thursday, 7 March 2013

Cherish the time you have... RIP Matilda Mae

Today saw a well known and loved Blogger, Jennie from Edspire, go through what any parent dreads to do.... bury their baby and say a final goodbye.

Matilda was 9 months old and full of life when sadly she was taken to be an Angel.

SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) takes the lives of many babies each year and I know it is a devastation that every parent dreads. I for one have been taught so much by Matilda's passing. It hit home and it made me rethink a lot that I take for granted in this life and whilst being a mum.

I spent this morning battling a very distraught 10 year old boy about something as trivial as dressing up as the Hulk... (see my previous post)... and as much as it made me sit and cry because of the reasoning behind it, after I managed to get him to school, in the only ME time that I had today, I cried for Jennie and all I thought about was...

I need to cherish these moments, however hard as I wouldn't change them for the world and I would miss them if they were gone.

I hope and pray that everyone in this world looks at their loved ones tonight and gives thanks for them. Gives them praise for the things that they love about them and tells them more than once that they love them.

Tonight I held Kyd and Rocky tight before bed time and we sat and laughed about the silliness of this morning and we held on to each other tight.

I thank God everyday for my life, my kids, Hoff and all my loved ones.

Sometimes we take things for granted.
Sometimes we look over things that really matter, to find the things that don't.
Sometimes it takes a tragedy like Matilda Mae's passing to wake you up and make you see life for what it's worth.
and
Sometimes...
Just Sometimes...
 One family's tragedy can save lives and make people think.

This alone makes Matilda Mae's life worthwhile.
This alone doesn't make Matilda Mae an Angel.
Matilda Mae was born an Angel.


4 comments:

  1. Since marriage is a permanent bond between two love ones, roses are very much
    preferred for dcor of wedding place. This is the perfect chance to send a
    wedding announcement. I knew exactly what I wanted for my bridal lingerie, but I
    simply couldn't find a place that offered it, complete and in my size.

    Feel free to surf to my web page - wedding website advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since marriage is a permanent bond between two love ones,
    roses are very much preferred for dcor of wedding place.
    Instead of sending your scanned invitation, it would be
    great if you create your own wedding website and invite your friends and relatives.
    4.

    my website: the knot wedding website amanda isgate and brandon hicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can make your weddings in Delhi a success by
    trust tasks to your love ones. Many styles of flowers are available
    at the marketplace especially doomed for ornamentation
    prospect. So even though it's been annoying at times that I've had to do most of the planning of this wedding myself, it's been good for the same person to have an understanding of everything that's going on.


    my webpage :: wedding website amanda isgate and brandon hicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some good things here. Any way keep
    up wrinting.

    Here is my web blog; jalousie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx