Monday, 18 June 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 18/06/12 - 34wk Preterm Labour Scare!

So since Thursday (14/06) I have had THE worst Braxton Hicks and they've been more and more regular as the time has gone on but not necessarily in a pattern as such. I have been putting on a brave face as they didn't hurt too much just uncomfortable and I knew they were just fake contractions and there wasn't really much I could do about it. I'm not going to lie, deep down I was slightly worried about it but there was absolutely no way I was going into that hospital again until I was in actual labour! I've had enough of the place! So I waited... and waited... and it didn't really change. Hoff was quite insistent that I should go and get checked out but I just held off and tried to put it off with every excuse in the book. There is absolutely nothing they could've told me that I didn't already know and absolutely nothing they could've done about it that I couldn't do at home.... I looked up 'PreTerm Labour' on all the parenting websites there were and they all said 'drink 3 glasses of water, as Braxton Hicks could be made worse by dehydration' they all said to lay on my left side for over an hour too and if it was 'False Labour' then it would ease off.... it did ease it... but not for long!

This morning the back pain started and the period like cramps made each one of the Braxton Hicks feel like I was being stabbed in the stomach. I woke up at 5am uncomfy and in pain and I began to panic slightly. I pottered around the house trying not to wake anyone and took a few paracetamol to ease it. I drank another few glasses of water and went back to bed to lay on my left side for an hour.... it seem to ease it the day before so I thought it was worth a try. It didn't really make much difference but it was good to lay down. When the boys woke I started recording my Braxton Hicks/Contractions on the pregnancy iPad app we'd downloaded..... They were every 6 minutes... and very strong.... I found myself thinking 'hmmmm could this be more than just fake contractions? Maybe I should go in and get checked out now' In a way I still thought I was fine and that I was being one of those irritating over reacting women and they were just your average Braxton Hicks.

I rung the Triage number though on Hoff's say so and spoke to a midwife who said I should come in asap to be monitored. So I told Hoff that he had to take me in...... he looked relieved. We shoved the maternity bags, birthing ball and all that jazz in the car just in case and made our way over to the hospital.

I was put on a monitor which had my contractions and the babies heartbeat on it... I was right they were every 6 minutes and they were pretty strong. It was weird seeing the evidence on the graph as I had actually started doubting myself lol. The doctors and midwives looked a little concerned at the fact they seemed to be getting worse. They decided to do an internal to check if I was going into Early Labour or not. It seemed to be that I wasn't but they decided to keep me in to monitor me just in case that changed.... I BLOODY KNEW IT!! I knew they'd keep me in!! I was not impressed and I know they were there to help and were worried but I was not happy about it. The good thing is that I wasn't in labour.... but why was I contracting??

Another doctor came in. I'd seen him previously on the other ward and he said 'I don't think we should keep you in I think that's just mean!' hahaha I like him he's straight forward. He said he had to do an internal scan to see where the babies haed was to the uterus wall (I think) the bigger the gap the longer away labour was and if it was a certain length then it was all good and it'd mean labour wasn't anywhere near... He added that if it was a certain length and I gave birth in the next 24hrs he'd eat his gloves... I wasn't sure about that I think it's bcause he had no hat! lol..... Luckily I was just about on that line so NO LABOUR! Which meant NO STAYING IN!! I even got to see my baby on a normal scan for the first time since 18wks and he measured perfectly to his age, if not a little bit bigger, which was nice to know.

I was so relieved not only did I not have to stay in but I was not in PreTerm labour. Even though at 34+3 baby would survive quite nicely I am not ready to have such a tiny baby to look after... another few weeks cooking would be great thanks baby!!

I am still in pain, I'm still contracting and I am still bloody uncomfortable but unless I get much worse, my waters break, I have a show or bleed.... I am good to stay at home and I basically just have to MAN UP for a bit!!

So fingers crossed hey, No more scares please body I'm bored of them now and these contractions better die down soon or I will be crying more than the baby when he arrives!

Whatever happens I'll keep you posted!

17 comments:

  1. Awesome Alice, just found you on Twitter (you probably don't remember me, im Siobhan's friend, Dawn) and saw this, what a good read and a great idea to share! Hope the BH's settle soon, they're a bitch! Hope Reece is well and you're all taking care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww hun, its horrid isnt it. Em came at 34+5 and is tiny as you know, shes now at 3months 9lb 9. The doctor sounded good though :)

    all the best in the rest of the pregnancy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ηellо, Νеat post. Theгe is a problem along
    with your site in internet еxploreг, might test
    thіs? IE nonetheless is the market chiеf аnd a big portiоn of other folks wіll ρass over your excellеnt writing because
    οf this problem.
    Visit my web site ... personaltrainingtips.webstarts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that case, this kind of question should not be taken from any show telecasted in specific country.
    At the end of each round read out the cumulative scores.
    The Bull's Head Pub, Bangkok.

    My web site: Best Pub Quiz Team Names
    My web site - pub quiz austin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the sacrifices they've made in mind, and take the time to embrace the understanding of how much these people must love you to have traveled so far for your wedding. Meredith's mother suffered from
    Alzheimer's in prior seasons. If you don't have time, think about hiring someone for Best wedding website.



    Also visit my web blog ... wedding website about me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Later on, among the continued practice ending up will continue to be auxiliary accustomed burning the various chords.

    Www. Once you know these scales, in all twelve keys, then you have a very solid foundation
    on which to learn how to play piano chords.

    Here is my web blog :: piano chords america the beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. The irritation could then spread in the baby's buttocks and upper thigh area, as well as the genitals. Include about three to 4 tablespoons of vinegar to a bathtub stuffed with a tiny sum of warm h2o and only bathe in it for fifteen to twenty minutes. Finding the best vaginal yeast infection remedy that will work for you will end all the disturbing symptoms of the infection improving the quality of your life.

    Also visit my homepage :: yeast infection after periods

    ReplyDelete
  8. In looking for the proper collar for the pets, things that you need to consider are safety, the
    training process as well as your convenience. In the event you employ strategies that may be
    employed in agreement together with your dog's normal urge and instincts, you'll be able to improve its character and
    provide restrictions that can maintain your dog satisfied.
    Dog obedience training is a bit more than trained responses.


    Also visit my blog post cpt dog training atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you are looking to rid your girl of these unwanted stalkers when
    you are drawn to Willow Creek's Black Mirror Castle. This was zero cost because the students went to local stores and asked for either donations and gift cards to purchase these items. Every Halloween party that people remember later in the year by saying things like "Do you remember so-and-so's Halloween party last year.


    My web site; digital picture editor
    My website - budget car rental

    ReplyDelete
  10. Think about fields that interest you, talents with which you are blessed and needs that are not being met to come up
    with your own list of outside the box job ideas self employment.
    Be patient with your dog. In 2005, Ford, a Gateway employee, decided it was time for a career change.


    Feel free to visit my blog dog training collars
    Also see my page: free dog training at home

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only hurdle to accessing this is of course human limitations and
    the fact that the brain does not function solely as a learning
    tool for the human being. I believe my exact words were "I don't want to be your dirty little secret. Ask your local club to run this for you.

    Here is my homepage free Quiz answer Sheets

    ReplyDelete
  12. ' Satanic Ritual - Decorate the space with human sacrifice, goblets of blood, pentagrams, and things draped in black. A murder mystery game is a fun way to pass the time during the twenties theme party. Every Halloween party that people remember later in the year by saying things like "Do you remember so-and-so's Halloween party
    last year.

    Here is my site - currency trading

    ReplyDelete
  13. squares with various tea leaves and tea flavors inside each
    square. For adults, a virtual makeover of hair and makeup may be the equivalent of a little one hood game, with an improved style sensibility that
    tends to make the knowledge each entertaining and inspirational.
    At each house you have the hostess serve something small to eat, and host a small
    game.

    Here is my page; ups tracking

    ReplyDelete
  14. (Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course.
    Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family or for
    a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for
    a party atmosphere, this isn't it. The decline of the East side blues scene was disheartening, but, it also gave rise to the need for a fresh start, which came in the form of the next blues-only venue, Antone's, founded by the late Clifford Antone, during the summer of 1975.



    Also visit my web site :: pub quiz archives

    ReplyDelete
  15. Later on, among the continued practice ending up will continue to be auxiliary accustomed burning the various chords.
    As an alternative, it will most likely be far more powerful for you to learn about audio and chord idea.
    The last type of chords we will discuss in this article
    are spread voicings.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - christian piano chords and lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  16. (Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course.
    Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family or for a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for a party
    atmosphere, this isn't it. 8.

    Also visit my web-site - pub quiz and answers general knowledge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx