Friday, 15 June 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 15/06/12 - The Plan for Kyd on the Big Day and packing HIS Maternity Bag

Everyone knows you need to pack a maternity bag and be ready by a certain time in your pregnancy. I think you need it by the time you're 36 weeks... I've had it packed for ages and I'm not even 34 weeks yet.... But then again I'm overly organised.

So you need a Maternity bag packed full of essentials for you and the baby and Dad needs one too because he will be by your side through the whole thing so he needs entertaining and his own essentials....

But what if you have other children?? You need a plan for where your babies are going whilst you are bringing their new little bundle of sibling into the world.... Not once, in all the websites I've read about maternity bags, have I read anything about anybody else but Mum, Dad and Baby... some didn't even mention Dad...... what about everyone else???

THE PLAN
Plans for Kyd whilst I'm in labour vary, he will go to a friends or family members depending on the day and time that I go into labour.... people have work and school etc so it really does depend on the day and time as to who has him, as I am not expecting anybody to take time off in my honour... I'm not that important lol.

KYD'S MATERNITY BAG....
So as he is going to someone else's house surely he needs an over night bag too!.... Surely this is the case with many families?? So why don't these sites suggest getting an over night bag ready for the kids too. Hmmmm well I am now suggesting it here, so there we go, pay attention Pregnancy sites this might be a new angle for you to take!

WHAT TO PACK!!...
  • 1x Pants
  • 1x Socks
  • 2x Nappies (if necessary a fully packed nappy bag)
  • 1x PJ's
  • 1x Wash Bag (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Flannel etc)
  • 1x T-shirt
  • 1x Jumper
  • 1x Trousers and/or Shorts
  • 1x Pair of Shoes
  • 1x Teddy
  • Any favourite toys
  • (For Kyd's specific needs 2x Bottle of Meds with instructions)

Basically pack whatever they will need for a comfy night away from home... put it with your maternity bag and keep it packed and ready. When the time comes all you or anyone else that picks him up needs to do is pick it up and off they go without you panicking that you've forgotten something for them leaving you free to concentrate on giving birth!.... simple really!

So there we go, sorted, I know I'm overly organised but it does make sense to have literally everything and everyone covered for the big event!

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment xx