Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 13/06/12 - Packing My Maternity Bag

Getting round to packing my maternity bag freaked me out.... It meant that the day was looming and this was all real. I started packing it very early though as I had been in and out of hospital and I was beginning to panic that he might make an early appearance but this week I finally finished packing it and completed my list of what I had to include! Many pregnancy websites have lists of what you need to pack but I think bar a few extras I've included, I've just taken note of a few things from each list and added them together to make my own. So here is what is in my bag...

MY LIST - 
  • Summer dressing gown (a light one as it gets so hot in that hospital)
  • Slippers (I stole some complimentary ones from a posh hotel I stayed in a few months ago)
  • Socks (no matter what temperature the ward, your feet get cold during labour.)
  • Something baggy to wear during labour (I've packed a nighty)
  • Swim wear (in case the birthing pool is available)
  • Massage Oils (I have just packed the baby oil multi tasking)
  • Lip Balm (sounds odd but an essential as you get very chapped lips in labour for some reason)
  • Snacks & Drinks (I've packed Dr Pepper, Lucazade Tablets & Crisps... Hoff can get the rest)
  • iPad & Charger (I've insisted on the iPad being mine for the day... I deserve it I think!)
  • Hair Bobbles and Brush (for obvious reasons)
  • Dry Shampoo (as my hair may be slightly sweaty after birth... I've got to look good for the photos)
  • iPod & Headphones (to distract myself and to block out Hoff and his panicking lol)
  • Going Home Clothes (a simple maxi dress is comfy and easy to wear and put on)
  • Breast Feeding Bras (obvious reasons)
  • Breast Pads (for all those leaky moments)
  • Maternity Pads (for all those leaky moments from the other end...)
  • Nighty (choose one that will be easy to breastfeed in though as baby will be demanding food)
  • Old Knickers & Disposable Pants (because you will leak after even with pads)
  • Ear Plugs (hospitals can be bloody noisy!)
  • Phone Charger
Toiletries -
  • Towels
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Deodorant
  • Razor
  • Flannel
  • Shower Gel
  • Face/Make Up Wipes
  • Make Up.... All of it!!
  • Moisturiser
  • Mirror
THE BABY LIST -
  • Car Seat
  • Going Home Outfit
  • Baby Blanket
  • Nappies
  • Nappy Cream
  • Cotton Wool
  • Baby wash
  • Booties/Socks
  • Scratch Mitts
  • Hat
  • Baby Grows
  • Baby Vests
  • Muslins
  • Teddy
TO BE PACKED ON THE DAY - (note on the top of the bag to remind me)
  • Maternity Notes (put in a folder and placed with my bag ready to take with me but easy to access for the Midwife appts)
  • Maternity Pillow (it has been heaven the whole way through this pregnancy... I need it!)
  • TENS Machine (borrowed from a friend)
  • Laptop, Dongle and Charger (on standby just in case of a longer stay than one night!)

Have I missed  anything?? Please tell me if you think I have!!!

Eeeek this is all very real now!

10 comments:

  1. Spare nighty in case of leaks! and the Hoff!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only hurdle to accessing this is of course human limitations and the fact that the brain does not function solely as
    a learning tool for the human being. * Team answer sheets - Basically
    a grid lined A4 type sheet with answer write in numbered boxes and a line on top for the
    team name. They feature almost nightly drink specials
    and some form of entertainment every night of the week--DJ's, live music, trivia, you name it.

    Feel free to surf to my page; fun pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete
  3. What You Can Gain. The fact is, most grains are quite high in glycemic index, meaning that they make
    your blood sugar go up rapidly, and send you crashing down soon thereafter.

    Grains, salt, processed oils, legumes, and any other food that is
    not available yet during the said era are not including in this
    special type of diet.

    Here is my page the paleo diet and crossfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is usually considered a fun and effective learning method in
    general. Www. When you're acquainted with these core 7 keys you can start to learn about the black keys (flats and sharps).

    Feel free to visit my weblog; piano chords and tabs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can make your weddings in Delhi a success by trust
    tasks to your love ones. (US). I knew exactly what I wanted for my bridal lingerie, but I simply couldn't find a place that offered it, complete and in my size.

    Look into my web blog ... free wedding website advertising

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chords introduce harmony into music and it is the effects created by chords that produce the inspiration behind so much music and make it so satisfying both to listen to and to play.

    Instead, focus on a single thing or just a
    couple of things, and try not to move forward until you have reached those goals.
    Once you know these scales, in all twelve keys, then you have a very solid foundation on which to learn how to play piano
    chords.

    Review my weblog: opm piano chords and lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  7. squares with various tea leaves and tea flavors inside each square.
    A murder mystery game is a fun way to pass the time during
    the twenties theme party. Play games all night long in keeping
    with the twenties theme such as various card games and crossword puzzles.


    Here is my blog ... dishnetwork

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will they be fed, watered, and cared for properly. In the event you employ strategies that may be employed in agreement together with
    your dog's normal urge and instincts, you'll be
    able to improve its character and provide restrictions that can maintain your dog satisfied.
    In 2005, Ford, a Gateway employee, decided it was time for a career
    change.

    Review my web page ... drug dog training aids

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Sunday nights Erin Jaimes hosts a blues jam where anyone from Alan Haynes to
    Gary Clark, Jr. At the end of each round read out the
    cumulative scores. The decline of the East side blues scene was disheartening, but, it also
    gave rise to the need for a fresh start, which came in the form of the
    next blues-only venue, Antone's, founded by the late Clifford Antone, during the summer of 1975.

    Also visit my web-site Brainstormer Pub Quiz Answers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, we need to determine the rounds of the quiz according to it.
    I believe my exact words were "I don't want to be your dirty little secret. They feature almost nightly drink specials and some form of entertainment every night of the week--DJ's, live music, trivia, you name it.

    Here is my blog; Good pub quiz Names

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx