Monday, 2 April 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 02/04/12 - A quick catch up...

Since we last spoke...

I've had a bit of a mad few months, not only with being pregnant, which seems to have disappeared out of my mind and then come back in with a big thud, but with Kyd and his ongoing battle with his health issues. We've been busy doing all sorts of things in between as we have been trying to fit life in to the hectic health issue schedule... which is less like a schedule and more like a free for all for germs.

ANYWAY... Let's catch up...

SCAN:
We had our 18wk scan, all is good Sprout is growing perfectly and he seems to be as stubborn as his brother. He found it funny to hide deep down so that we couldn't see him. He hid and hid and then flashed his bit's at us. We only managed to get 1 good photo and on that... he looks like he's laughing at us! Typical!! I'm pleased all is going well and that the doctors have now signed me over solely to the midwife! whoop



ECZEMA & SPOTS REALLY??:
Where the hell has this come from??? I thought your skin glowed during pregnancy? Not in my case! I've gone back to being a teenager, even though I never actually had bad skin even then. I've had tiny bit's of eczema all my life, generally related to my dairy allergies but always manageable. I have never had to deal with many spot's either, if I'm honest, my sister and brother both had quite bad skin so I was always the lucky one. But now my lovely clear (ish) skin has turned into a free for all for spot's and dry skin. I hate it! My face is like a swimming pool one minute and then like a desert the next! I can't seem to control it either and it's getting embarrassing. It's hard to fight something out of your control and for a control freak like me this is like hell! I'm trying though and hopefully it is just a phase of my pregnancy that will disappear eventually and that I will be glowing in no time!

LEG ACHES & SWELLING:
I'm not doing too bad with the swelling part of pregnancy just now but the constant aches and pains in my knees and legs in general are getting on my nerves! I can't sleep because no matter what I do or what position I'm in I'm still in pain! I can't even take anything to help and my paracetamol supply is running low as I've had so many other issues... My pregnancy pillow is helping though slightly it's making my posture much better so when I do get to sleep I get there with the help of that... again I'm hoping this is just a phase and I'll be happy again asap!

LOSING MY MIND:
OK so I'm not the brainiest of folk but I am quite on the ball most of the time... (stop laughing)... but not any more! My brain has disappeared, my life has disappeared and my common sense is failing. I seem to have lost a few months into oblivion, as each day has disappeared quicker than the last and I have no recollection of where it's all gone!! I've fallen behind on everything, I've forgotten things and missed appointments, I've even not bothered writing my beloved post it notes! I am becoming a complete mess! I need to get back on track but each time I try, something knocks me back and I get all confused again. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this with a new baby in tow too.... I need a quick fix and I need one now! I can not deal with this any more it's getting me down and causing more issues than I can deal with on top of Kyd's fantastic effort against his health...
Please someone help me, I am looking for a lovely new mind, a whole brain would be lovely actually, maybe a new head too... PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP will pay a decent amount of tea and cake in exchange for a decent working collection of the above.

TIREDNESS HAS RETURNED:
I thought in this trimester you were supposed to be more alive and awake... am I just a freak or has my body not quite caught up with the text?? I tend to believe the pregnancy text but at the moment everything the pregnancy websites say seems to be non applicable to me! My body is either having a laugh at my expense or they are all lying to me.... I'm constantly knackered! I slept for 12 hours the other day, granted I was awake a few times in between due to needing a wee, sore legs or cat jumping on head related incidents but all in all it was still 12 hours.... and guess what I woke up STILL tired! What is with that??? I know I've had a hectic few months so that won't have helped but I am currently needing to sleep more than at the beginning of this mad pregnancy journey... I can't even have caffeine to help me through it... God help me!

ALIEN OR BABY?:
So I panicked and wasn't sure what it was when I first felt sprout moving but now there is no doubt about it. I have a fully fledged Premiership Footballer in my belly... that or I've been taken over by an alien and it's trying to escape! He tends to wait until I rest before he kicks me to death from the inside out but he is very lively most of the time. It's lovely..... WELL it was lovely until he started jumping on my bladder and making me almost wee myself. He likes the football now too... good job really as he has no choice. Every time we score, which has been quite a few times recently, he goes bananas in my belly. at one point he seemed to be pogoing on my bladder and I had to run out of the stand and to the toilet quicker than ever before... lesson learnt though, go to the toilet before football, just in case we get a goal, saves embarrassing wet patches on the floor!

KYD'S FASCINATION WITH MY BELLY:
It's lovely that Kyd has all of a sudden become fascinated with what's going on in my belly. He has openly announced his pending brother randomly half way through conversations with people and he is currently helping with turning his playroom into a nursery without even a mutter about losing his favourite room in the house. He has taken this better than I could ever have imagined and I am praying that it stays this way. Explaining things to Kyd is hard as we aren't quite sure what he understands and what he doesn't as he can't communicate very well but he seems to have got used to the idea... here's hoping it stays like this when he's screaming at 3am!

Well that's enough for now I will post more asap... well when I've caught up with everything else that is...

3 comments:

  1. Nice respond in return of this issue with real arguments
    and explaining the whole thing regarding that.


    Feel free to visit my page - Air Jordan pas cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
    I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome blog!

    Feel free to surf to my page: Look At This **

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
    mention that I've really loved browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

    my weblog: more ()

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx